Ability to communicate effectively during coaching sessions, and to use language that has the greatest positive impact on the client.
- Is clear, articulate and direct in sharing and providing feedback.
- Reframes and articulates to help the client understand from another perspective what he/she wants or is uncertain about.
- Clearly states coaching objectives, meeting agenda, and purpose of techniques or exercises.
- Uses language appropriate and respectful to the client (e.g., non-sexist, non-racist, non-technical, non-jargon).
- Uses metaphor and analogy to help to illustrate a point or paint a verbal picture.