Ability to create a safe, supportive environment that produces ongoing mutual respect and trust.
- Shows genuine concern for the client's welfare and future.
- Continuously demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and sincerity.
- Establishes clear agreements and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates respect for client's perceptions, learning style, personal being.
- Provides ongoing support for and champions new behaviors and actions, including those involving risk-taking and fear of failure.
- Asks permission to coach client in sensitive, new areas.